** Updated 13 April 2020 **
Whether you are looking for new inspiration or ideas for a play set-up, or you found yourself socially distancing or possible isolation, I have made this list of generous small businesses with free resources. It is not limited to only in this situation but also if you are homeschooling, planning on homeschooling or would like to try something new.
With the situation arising like today, some of us find ourselves making tough decisions - some call it brave and some, just taking pre cautions, But know this, whatever decision you make, chose it with kindness - for yourself, your family and others. With kindness, it can differ from family to family, or person to person, of course.
But then, I thought, stepping out of my current situation being a business owner, what if I am not? I look back as if I was then. I though can afford few things here and there ONLY if I have saved for it, but with a situation being right now, forced to self-isolate, or work place has shut down or closed temporarily, I know I won't be able to afford sudden spendings.
And at times like this, I ask myself, how can I help? Discounts? Sales? Free shipping? And trust me, I have thought of them - but honestly, as a small business who just started four months ago, I simply cannot afford all of those, even though I gladly put some items on sale, I still think I am helping in a way. But right now, I choose to raise awareness - in a way that would help you re-connect to your home, children and education.
This list and links, will help you choose between many activities & inspire you, perhaps to play, get moving and re-connect.
I've also written then in categories, in case you are looking for a specific theme.
- Deer and Fawns resources page are just full of inspired crafts for family, mindfulness, seasonal and other fun themes, such as space, moon, nature and pre-historic. Melinda is also hosting Mindful in March currently which has very inspiring guide with lots of craft ideas.
- Zara's Play Tribe has a free resources page including DIY from her popular creations, printables & e-book. She also hosts sensory events for Mumma's/Dada's only to show and help you with setting up some sensory play and give you ideas.
- Jules from Stories of Play who is a play parent coach is giving her FREE Play Parent Toolkit when you subscribe via email.
- Play Room Stories wrote an amazing post on A fun-filled activity guide to kee your kids busy on Oskar's Wooden Ark. SO if you are looking for brand new ideas and inspiration, I suggest to have a look now!
- Lovely Kristy of Today Our Children has many many many play resources! Cardboard craft? she got it. Setting up playful space? Got it! Play hacks? She sure does. Give her some love over her instagram and website!
Nature-inspired Adventures and Printables
- I have Raising Little Shoots' Exploring Nature with Children - and I can only tell you one thing, you should too! If you want a year-long nature-based curriculum. Either way, Lynn has a Charlotte Mason inspired shop full of nature-based resources including her Free Downloads page.
-Who doesn't love Twig and Moth? Alice's illustration are just all about beautiful, and carefully created. Her nature-inspired illustrations just brings warmth to my heart. She has an amazing free resources for us all.
- Everyday Learn and Play sends you a free printable every Friday when you subscribed to their mailing list.
- One Tree Planted has a great list of nature-friendly things to do when you're stuck at home
- Elise of Wild Mountain Child and Wild Island Apparel has teamed up to bring us an amazing nature-based activities to do at home e-book, Wild, Home, Play. Head on to their website and sign up to get you free downloads. Wild Mountain Child website
Wild Island Apparel website
- Tanglewood Hollow has amazing collection of freebies - printable and all nature-inspired!
Lessons/Curriculums/Resources for Parents & Educators
- Jill, creator and illustrator of The Little Oak Learning is one of my favourite curriculum creator and artist. She makes rhythm resources, focusing on nature and purposeful work as well. Encouraging you to slow down, observe, and learn through your surroundings. Her shop is filled with amazing resources and we have gotten her freebies ourselves, and use it very much so. Subscribe to receive her free resources.
- Twinkl offers a free downloadable resource pack and you can search by region and by education level your child/children are. My friend actually told me about this website!
- Whole Beings is offering free Mindful Prompt Cards when you sign up!
*Disclaimer: I have written all of this to help parents and educators have one place to go for free resources and inspirations. I am not affiliated with the links and people that I have included in this list. This is all for you, so please, give credit ALWAYS. If I have misspelled anything or linked the wrong website or person, please do let me know. I am updating this regularly as I find more free resources.