Kindred Play is committed to protecting the personal information entrusted to it. Kindred Play has a strong commitment to maintaining the security and integrity of personal information within our care. We endorse the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 and support the role that the Australian Privacy Commissioner within the Australian Human Rights Commission plays.
- give individuals a better and more complete understanding of the sort of personal information that Kindred Play holds, and the way we handle that information
- clearly communicate the personal information handling practices of Kindred Play, and
- enhance the transparency of Kindred Play's operations.
Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable whether the information or opinion is true or not; and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not. We have addressed how we manage the personal information of customers, employees and suppliers separately below.
Queries Complaints Access and Correction
You have a right to request access to your personal information held by us and to request its correction. If you wish do to do so please use the contact details below.
If you wish to make a formal complaint, please make provide your complaint in writing to our one of the addresses below. We will consider your complaint promptly and contact you to seek to resolve the matter.
If we have not responded to you within a reasonable time, you are entitled under the Privacy Act to make a complaint to the Australian Privacy Commissioner within the Australian Human Rights Commission.
Queries, complaints, requests for access to or correction of personal information can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by mail or phone to;
Customer Privacy Care
Phone: 0478 660 845
Kindred Play respects the rights of individuals to determine to whom they give their personal information and how their information is used. Our customer’s privacy is very important to us and we will value the trust you place in us in giving us your personal information. We take this responsibility seriously and we are committed to safeguarding your information and using it for the purposes for which you have entrusted it to us.
What Information we collect
We collect a range of information from our customers that is directly related to the products and services you choose. The kind of personal information we collect can include: name, contact details, location, products you are interested in, where you shop, what you buy, who you shop for, where else you like to shop, what loyalty programs you belong to.
How We Collect Information
As much as possible we collect information directly from our customers. We do this in a number of ways, including when you:
- provide us with personal information through personal mobile computing devices, like smart phones and tablets;
- or submit your personal details through our website.
Using Personal Information
We use personal information to better understand our customers’ interests and needs, to complete purchase transactions and to offer an ever improving quality range of amazing products.
We use personal information in the following ways:
- Provide, deliver, source, administer, improve and personalise our products and services;
- Process payments and provide refunds and discounts;
- Provide more relevant marketing offers through direct marketing, database compilation, market research, data analysis and segmentation, and the processing or creation of other marketing information;
- Personalising our customers shopping experience, including, where appropriate, identifying individuals;
- Communicating with our customers, including product recalls and responding to queries and complaints;
- Fraud prevention, including services regarding the protection of our customers’ information, eg. credit card information;
- Maintaining and keeping our customers information current and as accurate as possible;
Kindred Play may use or hire third party organisation such as but not limited to the following for website, marketing, services related to Kindred Play ONLY:
- Sendle for sending parcel. Their terms and conditions can be found here
Kindred Play will regularly update this page and section. Last updated 7 November 2019.
We do not disclose personal information to third parties unless we are permitted to do so by law or you have given us your consent to do so. Third parties we may disclose personal information to include:
- Our related companies
- Our professional advisors including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- Payment system operators and financial institutions; and
We take active steps to protect the personal information we hold against loss, unauthorised access or use, modification or disclosure, and against other misuse. This includes any information that we disclose overseas.
When the personal information that we collect is no longer required, we destroy, delete or de-identify it in a secure manner
When you interact with us on the internet, our system automatically sends you a ‘cookie’. A cookie is a small amount of information sent from a web server to your computer, electronic tablet or smart phone that enables your device to be recognised. It is used to handle your internet sessions on that device and contains a unique identifier.
Other information stored by the cookie includes website traffic data. This data is not used to identify individual details. We only collate the data into anonymous results in order to evaluate and improve our internet and shopping service for our customers.
Email Subscription Lists
If you elect to register an account with Kindred Play, and use this account to make purchases from the Kindred Play website, some of your personal information (being your email address and/ or contact phone number) will be provided to Kindred Play delivery carrier. This information is used by the carrier to send you updates on the status of your deliveries from Kindred Play.
You have the ability to opt out of these communications by contacting Kindred Play at email@example.com.
We currently have an email list which provides marketing offers to subscribers. If you elect to subscribe, these services will be provided to you to communicate product information, special events and offers. We also use search engine and social media sites to make marketing offers which may be of interest to you. Our marketing subscription list is an ‘opt in’ system. You may unsubscribe easily by clicking on the unsubscribe link that appears in all of our marketing communications to you.
We will never knowingly send you electronic messages without your consent. For more information on the Spam Act 2003, please visit https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/C2016C00614
Your Privacy choices
You can access the personal information that we hold about you and you can ask us to correct the personal information we hold about you.
If you are listed on one or more of our Subscriber email lists you can opt out at any time. You can unsubscribe by using the ‘unsubscribe’ options contained in our emails.
Kindred Play collects information from its suppliers in relation to sourcing and purchase of its products and provision of services to Kindred Play or its customers. This information is collected for business related purposes but does contain some limited personal information related to the name and contact details of the people that it deals with at its suppliers and service providers. The information will usually be collected directly from the supplier but may also be provided by third party sourcing agencies or business contacts.
Where the supplier provides products for Kindred Play's stores, this information may be shared with Kindred Play's related entities with third party buying agencies predominantly located in the Asia Pacific region. Kindred Play and its related entities will hold this information securely and will only disclose it for business related purposes.
The information is used for activities such as
- Sourcing and acquiring products for Kindred Play stores;
- Product innovation and quality control;
- Communicating with Suppliers;
- Investigation of complaints;
- Maintaining and keeping our suppliers’ information current and as accurate as possible.